Saturday, May 1, 2010

So starting a blog is an ‘in’ thing to do these days. Now that Web 2.0 has been up and running for a couple years now, I figure its time to ‘put in my two cents’ and ‘express myself’ via blogging. A couple of initial obstacles:

*selecting a non-femme background – search google for blog backgrounds and try to find the word cute in any of the first several results, it will not be hard

*naming the thing – Im told the name has to reflect what the blog is about, so I put a few words I think reflect what I want to do with this blog into Word, and used the godsent synonyms feature to find two words that sounded decent side-by-side

*picking a font – this isnt an essay or a report, so Times New Roman is out, but how do you have expressive font without being annoying or illegible?

I gotten past these earliest difficulties, hopefully I can now find a proper place in the blogosphere. May be someday Ill have influence on national blogostats.





Why do people write blogs?

Am I not ‘stay at home mom’ slash ‘interested in design’ enough to have a blog?

Does this blog need a theme?

Is it cliché to make your first blog post about blogging?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.pimpmycube.org/Images/Cubes/aluminum-cubicle.jpg

This is definitely how you should pimp your cubicle.

Elizabeth said...

hahaha you hit the stereotypical-reasons-to-start-a-blog nail RIGHT on the head. incandescent banter is so fantastic jesse.