Thursday, August 19, 2010

So Ill say it, Im ok with Google taking a part of every aspect of my life. I like Google Reader/Maps/Gmail/Translator/Chrome/Images/Buzz/Calendar/Docs/ News/Books/_____ and use them on a daily basis.



Theres a lot of talk about how Google wants to:

- take over the world

- burn all books

- create a false/virtual world for everyone

- become your brain


I dont buy it though, I think those two guys who made it are the good guys. I have nothing to hide, Im no spy, who cares if they know I like soccer, or buy cds on Amazon? I believe they do what they say,

“Dont be evil” – Two Google Guys



For those who truly are afraid of Googles influence in their lives, watch this video and learn how you can ‘opt out’ here.

Is it time to ‘get off the grid’ and move into the mountains?

Google > Bing ? (Ill answer that, yes)

If youre a ‘gangster’, do you use Gizoogle?



6 comments:

Unknown said...

So google knows things about our personal lives, big deal. I agree with you completely Jesse. There will come a day when google will not only provide services for everything we need to do, but those services will also automatically fulfill those tasks, like homework and taxes.

Caro said...

I also agree. If you don't have anything to hide, then why care? I love my online life. And yet I find time to read, think for myself, get outside, etc. Google isn't taking over the world, it's improving it :)

gerbdesign said...

So true! Thanks to google, thinking is optional! I am especially grateful for this because it gives frees up my time so I can do more important things, like facebook stalk people that I've never met. Google rocks.

Elizabeth said...

i love google. especially google chrome. in my opinion every other internet browser pales in comparison!

Colleen said...

OK, Jess, you know how I feel about this, so I'll spare you more of my fuddy-duddy privacy concerns. However, did you hear about Google's latest search innovation? It's called Google Instant, and it takes the "autocomplete" feature a step further by completing your search and offering up websites before you even finish typing what you want. It's the high-tech equivalent to back-seat driving -- annoying, condescending, and even dangerous. Google would like to think it can read your mind. Love, Mom

jesse said...

No way. Itll be the norm for all searching on the computer. The ENTER button is dead.